“I don’t know what I don’t know” is no longer an excuse.
The help online business owners need to find and fix legal blind spots
…without having to call a lawyer every time.
Ever worry about the legal mistakes that could kill your business?
• Is there something I don’t know about that I should be protecting myself from?
• I feel like I don’t know what I don’t know… I don’t even know what questions to ask!
• Legal protection is so overwhelming that I just kind of throw up my hands.
If this sounds like you, you are in the right place.
Knowing how to set yourself up to prevent legal mistakes in your online business is just as important as solving problems as they come.
Time to go from “What legal issue is out there that can come back to haunt me?” to confidently focusing on growing your business without worry.
Maria Spear Ollis has built her legal practice based on her easy-to-understand legal explanations and straightforward Contract Kits™.
In this program, you get both.
Legal Blind Spot Toolbox™
All the legal clarity + essential contracts you need to catapult your success and feel protected.
How it works.
Snack Your Way Through the Step-by-Step Success Path
Work through six bite-sized modules. No overwhelm, here. Just essential info for growing and protecting your business in six key subjects.
Gather up Some Sharp, Essential Contracts and Put Them to Use
Each module comes with a contract or two — Spear IP’s Contract Kits™. You’ll walk away with a little context on when to use them and where. (And, of course, what they mean.)
Dropkick “What-ifs” Like You’re in a Kickball Game
Or do a happy dance. Either way, lifetime access to these tools means you get to scrape off that old feeling of “I don’t know what I don’t know…”
…cause it’ll be gone. Cheers!
You need this program if…
1. You want legal info and the right contracts ready to confidently grow and say yes to new opportunities; and
2. You’re a U.S.-based online business owner that falls into one of 3 categories:
• Content creators who make a living selling their knowledge or expertise (bloggers, podcasters, community leaders, course creators)
• Online retailers — meaning you sell physical or digital products online
• Online service providers (copywriters, designers, marketers, etc.) that market their services online
Be like Kate.
Kate* came to a talk that I gave on protecting your business online. She later contacted me to make sure that her website was protected. She had worked REALLY hard on building this site and it was an incredibly valuable part of her business.
A few months later, she called me to say she’s never been more thankful for my services.
“Tell me more!” I said.
Turned out, a direct competitor copied her site. And it was not a slick copy — we could see exact words that only applied to her business IN the competitor’s website.
Because Kate knew ahead of time what blind spots we needed to clear up, we got her some money, got her attorneys’ fees paid for, and the competitor stopped.
What you’ll learn.
I’m not teaching you law-school-level concepts, here.
You’re going to learn essential legal info — only the things that every online business should know and be protected by.
•What does forming an LLC do?
•The difference between having an LLC and business insurance
•What’s an NDA (and when to use one)
Growing Your Team
• Must-have knowledge before adding contractors or employees
• Make sure you own what others create for you
• How to handle copycats
• Protecting your content and creative work
• Avoiding accidental infringement
•Key knowledge for selling digital and physical products online
• Legal pitfalls in online marketing (like email marketing, sponsored posts, giveaways)
• Trademark protection essentials
• The many things you can trademark
• How trademark protection works in the US
Common legal mistakes in:
• Podcasting, running a membership, and creating an online course
…and how to avoid them.
Included Contract Kits + Tools:
• NDA Contract Bundle
• Independent Contractor Agreement
• Membership Agreement
• IP Rights Agreement
• Podcast Guest Contract
• Internship Agreement
• Online Course Agreement
• Blog/Affiliate Disclaimer; licensing deal points, and other mini-templates
Hi. I’m Maria. Come learn with me, ’cause…
• I’ve seen a client wait too long to send out the contract that needed to be in place to protect her business… and then her collaborator took her information and profited from it. My hands were tied. There was nothing I could do to turn back time and fix the situation.
• Her misconception hurt her business. (And is my biggest failure to date.)
• That’s why I help business owners protect the core of their business — their relationships, branding, and unique, creative property — before it hits the fan.
• But it’s not enough to just blabber on about the legal stuff… I explain it in an easy-to-understand way, so that you’re not questioning (or kicking yourself) later.
What she said.
What’s my investment?
You have two options.
Pay in full and save
• Get instant access to every module and every Contract Kit.
•Jump around to whatever section strikes your fancy. You do you.
Break it up into 6 payments to make it more doable
• Unlock one module (and the corresponding contract kits) per month.
• After six months, you’ll have it all.
This is going to help me grow my business? Really? How?
Because if you don’t protect yourself and your business you won’t be able to fulfill the promises you make to your clients and customers…and promises you make to yourself!
Once you have a grip on your legal blind spots, you’ll have the right foundation to handle these problems when they come up quickly and easily. (As opposed to scramble of spending extra time and money to fix something at a time that’s stressful and emotional.)
How complex is this stuff? I don’t want to go to law school.
No one wants to go to law school. But this isn’t law school. All online business owners should have a basic understanding of every one of the topics discussed in this program.
How long is this going to take? I don’t have ten hours to spend on another course.
Time is money, baby, and I completely respect your time. I’m not teaching complex legal concepts to other lawyers. You don’t need all of the legal knowledge. I created this program for you to get the essential info you need to clear up your legal blind spots so that you can say yes to new opportunities with confidence.
I think I need this but… can I wait?
Of course you can. But…it gets trickier and stickier later. Imagine trying to wrap your head around this stuff when you’re in the middle of a conflict where emotions are involved. Don’t make an investment until you’re ready…but I don’t want you to kick yourself for waiting, either!
Do I get every single Contract Kit!?
No. But you get ten really awesome ones and some exclusive tip sheets and language you can repurpose. (Like, for example, a lawyer-approved affiliate disclaimer.)
The purpose of this program isn’t to just give you contracts and say “good luck.”
It’s to help you quash that feeling like you don’t know what you don’t know, and give you the contracts to go along with specific pain points in your business.
So, does this cover any and all legal help I’ll need for my business?
No. As you can see from the above description, Spear IP All Access does not cover every possible legal issue affecting your business online. But once you work you way through the problem, you have options.
What happens when I’m done with the program?
Then you can graduate to Spear IP All Access! Spear IP’s flagship program that gives you access to a lawyer over your shoulder as you grow.